A recurring thought going around the mommy blogs is that you don’t have to savor every moment, just the ones that count. We’ve had a few recently that definitely fall into that category. Some more than others, but each special in their own little way.
J came out of his bedroom like this. We bought him this hat at the fair last year, and you can tell his head has grown since then … but he knows he’s got to have his hat on to ride his horse. (And I’m still tickled pink that he’s figured out how to “ride” his horse!)
L has really started noticing how other little girls are dressed and what they wear. Lately she’s been very insistent that everything she wear “matches” just right. She’s also started requesting curls and braids for school and church.
She has also learned to tie her shoes. She wanted the pink, sparkly ones to go to school in. I told her, “If you buy the tie shoes, you’ll have to learn to tie them. Your teacher can’t be expected to do it for you.” She insisted she’d learn, and she sure did. I showed her how three times, and after that, she hasn’t asked me again. She’s a pro!
Summer hats were on sale the other day, and the girls picked one out for me. Then S wore it all over the store, and by the time we got home … it was hers. I mean, look at that little face!
J is in the “cheesy grin” phase, and it just kills me. Every time. C says I coddle him. I probably do. He’s just so stinkin’ cute!
We went to the fair again this year. It’s definitely on my list of my favorite things to do. I love the petting zoo, the merchant booths, and even the livestock barns.
It seems like there’s always something that happens in the livestock barns. Last year it was all the alpacas that the girls fell in love with. This year someone offered to let them groom a cow. They fell in love with her! Now every time they drink milk, they wonder if they’re drinking her milk.
This last moment is not a picture, but it’s just as cute. For Family Home Evening this week, C gave L and S Father’s blessings before the new school year. First L sat on the chair while C gave her a blessing. Then S took her turn. As soon as she was done, J jumped off my lap and climbed up on the chair. He sat there so straight and still while C gave him a blessing, then climbed down. Melt my heart, he’s such a doll!
No comments:
Post a Comment